The Web Robots Pages
Web Robots (also known as Web Wanderers, Crawlers, or Spiders), are programs that traverse the Web automatically. Search engines such as Google use them to index the web content, spammers use them to scan for email addresses, and they have many other uses.
On this site you can learn more about web robots.
* About /robots.txt explains what /robots.txt is, and how to use it.
* The FAQ answers many frequently asked questions, such as How do I stop robots visiting my site? and How can I get the best listing in search engines?"
* The Other Sites page links to external resources for robot writers and webmasters.
* The Robots Database has a list of robots.
* The /robots.txt checker can check your site's /robots.txt file and meta tags.
* The IP Lookup can help find out more about what robots are visiting you.